I wanted to share with you a quick and simple card I made. You can also use the same technique to create ornaments for your tree. You may use any symmetrical shape to make it.
- Patterned paper [I used specialty paper by Cloud 9 Design]
- Paper piercer
- Embroidery floss and a needle
- Liquid glue
- Glue pen [you can also use a glue stick]
- Greeting stamp and ink [I used Mixed Messages and Pure Poppy inkpad by Papertrey Ink]
[Go here to watch on YouTube and while there, please rate, comment and subscribe.]
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut you cardstock at 4¼” lengthwise and fold in half to create your card base.
- For each ornament, punch 5 punched pieces of patterned paper and fold each one in half.
- Adhere only one half of the punched piece to the second one, making sure the edges are aligned and repeat on all five punched pieces.
- Repeat for all the ornaments you want to add to your card.
- Decide how you want to lay your ornaments on your card and pierce a hole on top of each ornament and another hole on the fold of the card in a straight line above each ornament.
- Thread your embroidery floss through both pierced holes and tie at the bottom, close to the top of each ornament.
- To secure the knot, apply a glob of a strong liquid glue on each knot and attach a gem to it, to conceal the glue.
- Adhere the ornaments below each knot.
- Stamp your greeting.
What holidays are you celebrating in the next couple months? I am really excited about Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights. Share yours by leaving a comment below.