The year 2008 is coming to an end. It is time to start planing the glorious 2009 which is right at the corner. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to start the year to come with a handmade calendar, to stand beside you as a reminder of how awesome you are all year long. If you are interested – keep on reading for a step-by-step instructions and a FREE 2009 Calendar download.
- 2009 Calendar template (download by clicking on the link above).
- Double Sided Tape
- Loose leaf rings/ribbon (I prefer the rings, but I didn’t have any at home, so I used Paper Trey’s ribbon instead)
- Paper trimmer
- Bone folder
- Ruler + craft knife + cutting mat
Step By Step Instructions –
- Print the calendar template (either on cardstock or a regular copy-paper). Cut down the individual months’ boxes with an 1/8″ margin from the dashed frame. Use the marks on your ruler for the alignment and cut with a craft knife.
Work on each of the printed pages individually, as they are not perfectly aligned to each other.
- Cut your cardstock at 3½” by 12″.
- Score your cardtock strip (widthwise) at: 3½”, 4½”, 5″, 7″, 7½”, 8½”. I used the paper trimmer and a bone folder for the scoring.
- Fold all the score lines and burnish with the bone folder.
- Apply two strips of strong double sided tape to both ends of one of the 3½” flaps. It doesn’t matter which of them you choose to apply the tape to.
- Align both 3½” flaps together and adhere them. That should form the calendar’s stand.
- Group all the months’ boxes together and align them on the top flap of the calendar’s stand. Punch 2 holes right below the top edges of the dashed frame. (I was using a crop-a-dile).
- Attach all the layers together with the loose-leaf rings or the ribbon and you are done!!!