Admittedly, that was not what I expected to hear from my husband on our first-date anniversary but this witty, sarcastic and very vulnerable remark is extremely characteristic of him.
Truth be told, this blurb is pretty accurate – I am thrilled to have him in my life.
So I decided to dedicate a full 12″ by 12″ layout for it
- Background cardstock is by American Crafts from the neutrals pack.
- Templates are Starburst and Mini Chevron by Crafter’s Workshop.
- Spray mist is by October Afternoon from the Sasparilla collection.
- Patterned paper is by Lily Bee Design from their Head Over Hells and Memorundum collections.
- Letter stickers are mostly by American Crafts, but I also used some leftover Making Memory’s puffy and chipboard letters and elements.
- Washi tape is from Off The Wall papertape pack by 7 Gypsies.
- Sequins, paper flowers and buttons are too old for me to remember their manufacturer… Hmm…
- First I laid out the large Starburst template so that the left edge of the pattern is aligned with the left edge of the background cardstock and sprayed on it, concentrating the mist to the left side. In retrospective, I should have protected the right and bottom exposed edges with some scratch paper…
- Then I took a few coordinating patterned papers and outlined the top 1 and 3 lines in the Mini Chevron template with a pencil, on the back of the patterned paper. Next I cut the pattern off – it’s all straight lines so no major scissor-cutting-deftness is required. Perfect for me.
- I then adhered the chevron strips, one by one, aligned to the left edge of the cardstock and placed the photo in a way that would conceal the mini starburst shape in the middle of the template.
- Next, I adhered the title with a bunch of different letter stickers, all vary in size/font/texture.
- I added a strip of washi tape for the journaling and to conceal the spray on the bottom of the page and added 2 more strips at the top left to balance it out.
- I then added three flowers and embellished them with a threaded button.
- For the finishing touches and to bring the yellowish orange color from the title I added 3 stripes of sequins. All I did was to put a line of liquid adhesive in the middle of 3 of the ‘rays’ and assemble the sequins in a line on it… Again, Pretty straightforward – just for me.